Cycling in Meghalaya Cost of Indian Nationals: INR 36,790 per head + Tax Cost of Foreign Nationals: USD 670 per head + Tax Destination: Assam & Meghalaya Attractions:
- Spend a night at Cherrapunji, the wettest place on earth.
- Trek to Double Decker Root Bridge.
- Visit Mawlynnong is Asia’s cleanest village.
- Cycling in the abode the clouds
- Camping by the Dawki river side
Elephant back Safari and Jeep Safari in Manas National Park Jungle Walk, Rafting and Birding in Nameri National Park Elephant Back safari, Jeep safari, One Horned Rhino and other Wildlife in Kaziranga National Park.
Best time to visit
Homestay (simple and hygienic) .
Guwahati / Shillong / Cherrapunji / Mawllynnong / Dowky.
Duration: 5 Nights/ 6 Days Riding Days: 2 Days Rest Day: N/A Type of cycle provided: Gaint Rincon D, 3X8 geared mountain bikes with 100mm suspension fork and hydraulic dick brakes. Total riding distance: 71 km. Average distance per day: 35.5 KM Hotels/Accommodation: Guwahati – Mid Range / standard. Cherrapunji – Saimika Resort/ Kutmadan. Dawki – Camping (Tent) Meals information: Breakfast, packed/hot lunch and dinner, snacks at all locations. Group Size: Minimum – 5 PAX, Maximum – 10 PAX Difficulty Level: Moderate
Details Information & Duration
Day 1:Reach Guwahati
Guwahati, the largest city of Assam situated on the banks of Brahmaputra River. On arrival in Guwahati, you will be welcomed by our representative and would be escorted to the hotel /guest house. After freshening up, there will be a short briefing session on the tour.
Day 2: Guwahati – Shillong –Cherrapunji
At around 6 am you will be transferred by vehicle from Guwahati to Shillong. We will reach Shillong by 10 am and we start cycling from outskirts of Shillong towards Cherrapunji which is 42 km from here. It will take around 4-5 hours to reach our destination. On arrival check in at hotel/resort at Cherrapunji.
Day 3: Double Decker root bridge trek
After breakfast, start your drive to the starting point (Tyrna Village) of your trek to Double Decker root bridge. You have to climb around 3000 steps to reach the root bridge. This natural bridge gets stronger day by day. We will return back to our hotel/resort at Cherrapunji. Overnight at Cherrapunji.
Day 4:Cherrapunji – Mawlynnong – Dawki
Drive up till Mawlynnong which is around 82 km from our hotel/resort. Mawlynnong is Asia’s cleanest village. You will spend few hours here and explore the village. After lunch at Mawlynnong we will travel by vehicle for kilometers and then you will start your ride till Dawki which is 31 km from here. Overnight camping by the river side.
Day 4:Drive back to Guwahati
This day, back journey to Guwahati. Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 5: Drop at Guwahati Airport
After breakfast check out from hotel and will departure for airport. Tour ends here.
Important Note :
1. The above itinerary is not fixed and can be changed as per your convenience. Please do let us know via mail if you need any changes.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- We are not responsible for any law and order, natural calamity, strikes etc.
- Guests are requested to obtain the Personal Insurance prior to avail this tour.
- For Arunachal Pradesh tours, all Indian Tourists require ILP (Inner Line Permits) and Foreign Nationals require PAP (Protected Area Permit). We arrange this permits on behalf of guests. Tourists need to send us their copy of Identity & address proof such as Driving License, Voter ID or Valid Passport (even VISA for Foreign Nationals) with Passport sized photo.
- Difficult Grading :
|1||Easy||Suitable for anyone who can ride a cycle and can manage a bit of exercise. There might be the odd twisty section and a long day, but on the whole – easy!|
|2||Moderate||For the weekend Cyclist who exercises regularly and perhaps goes for a weekend ride. Fitness is more important than technical ability for tours of this level, as the track surfaces will be smooth without any single trail.|
|3||Active||Suitable for reasonably fit people who are confident cyclists. Longer riding days mainly on gravel, with potentially single trail, sand, water crossings but no difficult hill climbs. There may be some rutted hills but not too many.|
|4||Challenging||Long riding days and tougher terrain requiring specific experience of more demanding and technical riding. The routes can contain rough tracks and deep sand so off-road riding skills are a must. You should be confident of your physical condition and bike handling skills. In some cases the distances may be low but due to heat or sand, the riding is still a challenge.|
|5||Tough||Serious expeditions designed for serious riders, which are very long hard tours. Riders should be happy to undertake long tough rides up and down steep hills, deep sand or following very technical trails in testing conditions. A high level of fitness required, as well as proven off- road riding skills.|