Assam – Arunachal Pradesh Road Trip
Destinations: Guwahati I Bhalukpong I Dirang I Tawang I Bomdila I Nameri National Park I Kaziranga NP
Attractions: Brahmaputra Cruising and Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati Visit to 2nd largest Monasteries in the World and life styles of Monpa Tribe
Jungle walk & Birding at Nameri National Park
Wildlife of Kaziranga National Park
Best time to visit: Oct 1 st to May Mid of each year
Routes: Guwahati / Bhalukpong/ Dirang/ Tawang/ Bomdila/ Nameri National Park/ Kaziranga NP /Jorhat Airport Drop
Duration: 10 Nights/11 Days
The Trip: The most magical, fascinating and scenically spectacular, a mountain journey to Tawang is one of the Northeast’s greatest attractions. This trip will cover the Western Arunachal Pradesh which is having highest motorable pass of 4,050 meter MSL. The Largest Buddhist Monasteries outside Tibet, the Gompas, the Monpa tribe, Snow capped Himalayan Mountain range, Jungle walk in Nameri Wildlife, Elephant Back safari in Kaziranga are the diversity of this trip.
Day 1: Arrival at Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati and drive to
Post arrival in Guwahati International Airport, directly move to Bhalukpong ( 5 Hours drive), the border of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh in the foothills of Arunachal Pradesh hills. Check into hotels on the bank of Jia Bhoroli River and overnight stay.
Day 2: Bhalukpong to Dirang (6 Hours drive)
Start early and drive through the Eastern Himalayas to Dirang. It is an ideal hill resort in West Kameng district with beautiful Apple Nursery, Kiwi Farm, Yak Research Centre (if possible), Buddhist Gompa.Evening check in hotel at Dirang and overnight.
Day 3: In Dirang
Spend the day at Dirang. After breakfast, visit Old Dirang, its winding streams and Old Fort. Take a light trek through Sangti Valley and enjoy fantastic views of Dirang. Afternoon lunch, rest of day to relax or wander around Dirang. Overnight in Dirang.
Day 4: Dirang to Tawang (6 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, move to Tawang, one of the most remote Buddhist attractions in India. Drive via Sela Pass at an altitude of 4,050 meters MSL. Stop there, have a Bird eye view of the Topography and for Tea. After that, visit the Jaswant Garh War Memorial at Nuranang on the way. Arrive late afternoon in Tawang and remaining time is free for you. Check in hotel and overnight stay.
Day 5: In Tawang
Morning visit the Tawang Monastery, which seats majestically facing into Bhutan, which is the largest Buddhist monastery outside Tibet. Observe the panoramic view from the Monatery and admire the huge statue of Lord Buddha. After that, visit Urgelling Gompa, the Birthplace of 6 th Dalai lama and Ani Gompa. After that, if time permits, also visit Indo China War memorial.Evening back to Hotel and overnight stay.
Day 6: In Tawang
This day also for local and nearby places in Tawang. We will cover some other interior Gompas mainly of Gelukpa Sect of Mahayana Buddhisim. If time permits, also visit local market.Evening back to hotel and overnight stay.
Day 7: Tawang to Bomdila (6 Hours drive)
Back journey to Bomdila, it’s a small Buddhist town. Situated at an altitude of 2,220 meters MSL, Bomdila is a picturesque town in the foothills of Himalayas and the capital of the West Kameng District.If lucky, one can see the brilliant landscape and snow-clad Gorichen ranges of the Himalaya on a clear day.Evening reach hotel in Bomdila and overnight stay.
Day 8: Bomdila to Nameri National Park (6 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, drive back to Nameri National Park. Before reaching Nameri NP, visit Tippi Orchid Centre which houses around 7500 species of Orchids. Then move to Nameri National Park. Reach by late afternoon and check in hotel.
Day 9: At Nameri National Park
Early morning avail Jungle Walk inside the National Park mainly famous for rare Birdlife and other flora & fauna. After that, avail River rafting in the river Jia Bhoroli. Late afternoon, it is free for you. Overnight stay.
Day 10: Nameri National Park to Kaziranga National Park ( 3 hours drive)
Post breakfast move to Kaziranga National Park. Post lunch, avail one round of Jeep safari inside theNational Park. Evening back to Hotel and overnight stay.
Day 11: Elephant back safari and drop at Jorhat Airport (3 Hours drive max)
Early morning avail one round of Elephant back safari inside the National Park. Post breakfast move toJorhat Airport (3 Hours drive) and drop.
Tour ends here.
PRICE & NOTES
Cost: On Request. Kindly mail us for any clarifications, other requirements and for any customization.
What can be Included:
1. Private transportation by Toyota Innova (upto 5 heads) /Mahindra Scorpio (upto 3 heads)
2. Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per itinerary.
4. Sightseeing and entrance fee as mentioned in the itinerary.
5. 1 elephant safari and 1 round of Jeep safari in Kaziranga with all applicable entry fee.
6. 1 Jungle Trail and 1 River rafting in Nameri National Park with all applicable entry fee.
7. Permits for Arunachal Pradesh.
8. One Guide during the whole Tour. (With Guide, the tour will be having more coverage)
What is NOT Included?
1. Camera Fee
2. Any other meals apart from mentioned in INCLUDES column.
3. Cost for Travel Insurance, airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.
4. Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip, phone calls etc.
5. Liability for or insurance against personal injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
6. Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. Insuch case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.
7. Govt Service Tax extra as per applicable.
1. The above itinerary is not fixed and can be changed as per your convenience. Please do let us know via mail if you need any changes.
2. Regarding Accommodation, it would be as per availability and best rooms will be given priority in every place. Also note that, here in North East India, only in few places the luxury accommodations are available. But, we always keep in mind about the hygiene and cleanliness.
3. In Tawang circuit, it will be quite cold in the mornings and evenings and so do carry adequate and appropriate wear.
4. Every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes, bad weather, landslide etc., which are beyond our control, all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes without prior notice and any additional cost, will be borne by the guests directly.
5. For Arunachal Pradesh tours, all Indian Tourists require ILP (Inner Line Permits) and Foreign Nationals require PAP (Protected Area Permit). We arrange this permits on behalf of guests. Tourists need to send us their copy of Identity & address proof such as Driving License, Voter ID or Valid Passport (even VISA for Foreign Nationals) with Passport sized photo.
6. Guests with adventurous mind should travel Arunachal Pradesh.