Assam – Nagaland Road Trip
Attractions: Brahmaputra Cruising and Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati
Wildlife of Kaziranga National Park
Hornbill Festival (Held from 1 st Dec to 10 th Dec of each year)
Jungle walk at Gibbon WLS & Historical sites of Sivasagar
Culture and Village walk in Majuli
Best time to visit: Nov end to 7 th December of each year
Routes: Guwahati / Kaziranga NP / Kohima / Jorhat/ Sivasagar/Majuli/Jorhat Airport
Duration: 8 Nights/9 Days
The Trip: This trip will cover the most attractive destinations in North East. We will cover cruising in mighty Brahmaputra with the ancient Hindu shrine the Kamakhya temple. Then explore the wildlife in Kaziranga National Park on Elephant back and Jeep. The highlight of our journey is the Hornbill Festival where we will encounter the vibrant traditions of Naga tribe. We will witness the colorful tribes and their culture & traditions. After that, we will return to Assam and will avail Jungle walk to spot various Birds and Primates in Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary. On the same day, we will observe the Monuments and temples of the famous Ahom dynasty who started ruling in Assam from 13 th Century for around 600 years. Lastly, we will cross the river Brahmaputra on boat to Majuli Island, the largest inhabitant river island in the World to visit famous Hindu Monasteries.
Day 1: Arrival at Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati
Post arrival in Guwahati International Airport, transfer to Hotel. Evening is free and we will avail Brahmaputra River Cruising and also if time permits visit Handicraft Emporium. Overnight.
Day 2: Guwahati to Kaziranga National Park (5 Hours drive)
Morning visit Kamakhya temple. After that, move to Kaziranga National Park. Before check in of the Hotel in Kaziranga, visit Orchid Garden and Bio Diversity Centre. Evening check in hotel and overnight stay.
Day 3: In Kaziranga National Park (1 Elephant ride and 2 rounds of Jeep safari)
Early morning explore Kaziranga National Park on Elephant Back. Post Breakfast avail one round Jeep safari in Western range and post lunch avail one more round of Jeep safari in eastern range.
Day 4: Kaziranga National Park to Kohima of Nagaland (5 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, move to Kohima, the capital city of Nagaland. The journey is very beautiful with lush green countryside, tea gardens and hills. Afternoon reach Kohima.
Night stay we have 2 Options:
A) At Mima Village with Deluxe room with all modern amenities. This village is just 7 kms from Hornbill Festival venue and outside of Kohima Town. Here you will experience Campfire, local drinks and some cultural activities with the locals.
B) Deluxe hotels in Kohima.
Day 5: In Hornbill Festival, Kisama Heritage Village
This day we will visit the Kisama heritage Village where around 16 main tribes of Nagaland gather to transform the festival ground to a traditional village with different style of Morungs (House). You can experience the local beers, meals, dances with locals etc.
Day 6: Kohima to Jorhat
Morning village walk at Mima Village to know their daily life, history, culture and traditions. Post breakfast, move to Kohima. Visit the II World War cemetery and next the local markets. After that, move to Jorhat (4 Hours drive) in Assam. Reach in evening and check in hotel.
Day 7: Jorhat to Gibbon WLS and Sivasagar
Start early morning with packed breakfast to Gibbon WLS (1 Hour). The Hoolongapar Gibbon WLS is famous for primates and main attraction is Western Hoolock Gibbon. Some families of them is spotted every day. Apart from that, we will try to spot several species of Primates and Birds. After that, we will move to Sivasagar to visit the monuments of medieval Assam. We will visit tallest Siva Temple and Sivasagar Tank, Ranghar (Oldest Amphitheatre of Asia), Joysagar Tank and Tolatal Palace.
Day 8: Jorhat to Majuli river Island (2 ½ Hours by Boat and road)
Start early from Jorhat and boat to Majuli river Island. There we will visit some famous Hindu Monasteries (Satra) such as Garhmur Satra, Kamalabari satra, Samaguri satra and also walk at Mishing Tribal Village.
Day 9: To Jorhat Airport (3 Hours drive max)
On this last day, you will be dropped at Jorhat Airport for onward journey.
Tour ends here.
PRICE & NOTES
Cost: On Request.
Kindly mail us for any clarifications, other requirements and for any customization.
What is Included:
1. Private transportation by Toyota Innova (upto 5 Heads) /Mahindra Scorpio (upto 3 heads)
2. Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per itinerary.
4. Sightseeing and entrance fee as mentioned in the itinerary.
5. 1 elephant safari and 2 rounds of Jeep safari in Kaziranga, entry fee in Gibbon WLS.
6. Boat to Majuli
7. Permits i.e. ILP for Nagaland.
8. One Local Guide for Majuli River Island.
What is NOT Included:
1. Camera Fee
2. Other meals apart from mentioned in INCLUDES column.
3. Cost for Travel Insurance, airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.
4. Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip, phone calls etc.
5. Liability for or insurance against personal injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
6. Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.
7. Govt Service Tax extra as per applicable.
1. The above itinerary is not fixed and can be changed as per your convenience. Please do let us know via mail if you need any changes.
2. Regarding Accommodation, it would be as per availability and best rooms will be given priority in every place. Please note also that, here in North East India, only in few places the Luxury accommodations are available. But, we always keep in mind about the hygiene and cleanliness.
3. In Nagaland, it will be quite cold in the mornings and evenings and so do carry adequate and appropriate wear.
4. Every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes, bad weather, landslide etc., which are beyond our control, all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes without prior notice and any additional cost, will be borne by the guests directly.