[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”3″ gal_title=”Lifestyle of Monpa, Thembang Village”]
Lifestyle, Culture and Hike in the Land of Monpas
Assam – Arunachal Pradesh Road Trip
Cost of Indian Nationals (For 4 Heads): Rs. 29,860 per head
Cost of Foreign Nationals (For 4 Heads): USD 650 per headGeneral Information – click to view
Day 1: Arrival at Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport and drive to Nameri NP, 5 Hours drive
Post arrival in Guwahati International Airport, drive to Nameri NP situated in the foothills of Arunachal Pradesh. Remaining time is free for you in Nameri. Overnight Accommodation: Jungle Lodge/Standard.
Day 2:Nameri to Thembang in West Kameng of Arunachal Pradesh. (6 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, start moving to Thembang which falls in Dirang circle. The awesome scenic beauty will mesmerize everybody during the tour. By evening reach Thembang which is around 7,000 Feet MSL. Stay at Monpa Guest House/Home stay (Basic). Overnight stay.
Day 3: In Thembang Monpa Village
It’s a leisure day. Post breakfast, roam around the Thembang village. Here, anyone can see the structure of the house which is made mainly of mud and flat stone, having similarities with Tibetan style. Share foods in their typically made kitchen and interact with them. Observe their daily lifestyle. This day avail a short hike upto Pangma and Gonthung village and back to Thembang (2 to 3 hours). Overnight stay in Thembang. Accommodation: Home Stay
Day 4: Trek from Thembang to Sangti Valley ( 7 Hours)
Post breakfast, start trek to Sangti Valley via Chilling, Chander (Yak grazing area and little human habitation) and Khalbog (small village). The journey gives some of the spectacular view of the Mountains and gorges. In every place, the altitude varies from 7,000 Feet MSL to around 5000 Feet MSL. Before dark, reach Sangti Valley. Overnight stay at Guest House/Home Stay (Basic).
Day 5: At Sangti Valley, Dirang Circle
Full day Leisure. Walk in and around of Sangti Valley. The scenic beauty of Sangti valley is famous for the migratory bird – The Black Necked Crane and due to its altitude (4,900 feet MSL) it’s among most fertile land of Arunachal Pradesh. Fruits such as Kiwi, Apple etc and corn, eatable Green leafs, vegetables are readily available during the season time. If luck favors, Taste the local beverage made from Corn. Overnight stay at Guest House/Home Stay (Basic).
Day 6: Sangti to Bomdila Via Mandala ( 5 to 6 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, move back to Bomdila via Mandala. Mandala is the highest altitude point here (above 10,000 Feet MSL). It forms the part of Important Bird Area with the contiguous forest tracts of Shergaon and Kalaktang. More than 300 species of Birds have been recorded here. Walk around the Mandala Point and feel the Nature at its best. Before dark, reach Bomdila. Hotel: Upper Monastery Guest House or similar.
Day 7: Bomdila to Guwahati
Early morning visit Upper Gompa of Bomdila and post breakfast back to Guwahati. Overnight Stay at Guest House or similar.
Tour ends here.
Day 8: Drop at Guwahati International Airport.
Post breakfast, drop at Guwahati International Airport.
Important Note :
- The above itinerary is not fixed and can be changed as per your convenience. Please do let us know via mail if you need any changes.
- Regarding Accommodation, we always keep in mind about the hygiene and cleanliness.
- Every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes, bad weather, landslide etc., which are beyond our control, all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes without prior notice and any additional cost, will be borne by the guests directly.
- Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.
- ITINERARY MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME. We reserve the right to alter, amend, change or modify the tour cost and itineraries before or during the tour.
- For Arunachal Pradesh tours, all Indian Tourists require ILP (Inner Line Permits) and Foreign Nationals require PAP (Protected Area Permit). We arrange this permits on behalf of guests. Tourists need to send us their copy of Identity & address proof such as Driving License, Voter ID or Valid Passport (even VISA for Foreign Nationals) with Passport sized photo.
- Guests with adventurous mind should travel Arunachal Pradesh.