Riding Days: 2 Days
Places to be covered: Assam & Meghalaya
Route: Guwahati – Shillong – Cherrapunji – Mawllynnong – Dawki
Total Riding Distance: 84 KMS
Average Distance per Day: 35.5 KMS
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Best time to Visit: November to April
Duration: 6 Days and 5 Nights
- Cherrapunji, the wettest place on Earth
- Trek to Double Decker Root Bridge
- Visit Mawllynnong, the Asia’s Cleanest Village
- Camping by the Dowky River side.
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati
Nature Hunt representative will meet you on your arrival at Guwahati International Airport and will assist you to check in the Hotel for overnight.
Day 2: Guwahati – Shillong – Cherrapunji
At around 6 AM start driving to Shillong and it will takes around 3 hours to reach Shillong. After that we start Cycling from outskirts of Shillong towards Cherrapunji which is 53 KMS from here. It will take around 4 to 5 Hours to reach our destination. Check into hotel for overnight stay.
Day 3: Double Decker Root Bridge Trek
Post breakfast, we will drive upto starting point of your Trek (Tyrna Village). The Trek is a mixture of around 3,000 steps and some forest areas with some natural stream with crystal clear water. After that you will reach the Double Decker Bridge, spend some time there and back to our hotel on same route. Overnight stay.
Day 4: Cherrapunji – Mawllynnong – Dowky
Drive up till Mawllynnong which is around 82 KMS from Cherrapunji. In 2010, Discovery India declared it as Cleanest Village in Asia. Spend some time in the village and explore it. Post lunch, we will drive for a short while and again start your cycling till Dawki which is 31 KMS from here. Overnight camping by the Dowky River side.
Day 5: Dawky to Guwahati
Post breakfast, drive to Guwahati and check in hotels. Overnight stay.
Day 6: Drop at Guwahati Airport
INR 36,000 per person + Govt. Service Tax 4.5% extra as applicable.
1.Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
2. Breakfast, packed/hot lunch and dinner, snacks at all locations.
3. Mineral Water.
4. Tour guide and mechanic service. There will be a cycle mechanic travelling along with the group.
5. Cycle rent.
6. Support and A luggage vehicle to carry your luggage.
7. First Aid Kit and basic medical and high altitude kit is always available at hand to all the riders.
8. A well marked route.
ü A strong member crew for daily operations.
1.Parking and entry fees if any during local sightseeing/transfers.
2. Insurance or any back up service charges.
3. Anything not specifically mentioned in above.
4. Any extra meals other than mentioned.
1. Type of cycle provided: Gaint Rincon D, 3X8 geared mountain bikes with 100mm suspension fork and hydraulic dick brakes.
2. Tour Size: Minimum – 5 PAX Maximum – 11 PAX
3. Difficulty Level: Moderate.
4. Operating time of the year: November to April.
Terms and Conditions:
1. If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
2. If cancellations are made 15-20 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
3. If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
4. In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
1. Easy Suitable for anyone who can ride a cycle and can manage a bit of exercise. There might be the odd twisty section and a long day, but on the whole – easy!
2. Moderate For the weekend Cyclist who exercises regularly and perhaps goes for a weekend ride. Fitness is more important than technical ability for tours of this level, as the track surfaces will be smooth without any single trail.
3. Active Suitable for reasonably fit people who are confident cyclists. Longer riding days mainly on gravel, with potentially single trail, sand, water crossings but no difficult hill climbs. There may be some rutted hills but not too many.
4. Challenging Long riding days and tougher terrain requiring specific experience of more demanding and technical riding. The routes can contain rough tracks and deep sand so off-road riding skills are a must.
You should be confident of your physical condition and bike handling skills. In some cases the distances may be low but due to heat or sand, the riding is still a challenge.
5. Tough- Serious expeditions designed for serious riders, which are very long hard tours. Riders should be happy to undertake long tough rides up and down steep hills, deep sand or following very technical trails in testing conditions. A high level of fitness required, as well as proven off- road riding skills.