David Scott Trail and Double Decker Root Bridge Trek in Cherrapunji, Meghalaya
One of the most popular hiking/nature trail route is David Scott which is used by local people now a days. The history goes back in between the year 1802-1832, who was then a British Administrator and Political Agent, under whom the route was made a good connection between Meghalaya of present India and Bangladesh of British India.
The picturesque route is extends from Mawphlang Village to Ladmawphlang of Sohra. This 16 kms trail generally consumes 5 to 6 hours. This trail will takes you past clear streams, by waterfalls over rushing rivers, through meadows, jungles, valleys and also through Khasi Village on a hilltop.
- Nature Trail and Trekking
- Village Visit
- Double Decker Root Bridge
Day 1: Guwahati Airport to Shillong (4 Hours drive)
Post arrival at Guwahati International Airport, directly move to Shillong the Capital of Shillong. Remaining time is free for you in Shillong.
Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2: David Scott Nature Trail
Post breakfast move to Mawphlang Village. It is famous for the feature that the local Khasi Tribes preserve the sacred forest by traditional religious sanction since the ancient days. Have a look at the Sacred Forest and start the trail from the village.
Highlight of the trail:
Village visit, Cross hanging Bridge, River, Valley Crossing etc. Lunch pack on the way. After finishing of the trail, our car will pick up from Ladmawphlang and transfer to Campsite in Cherrapunji.
Overnight stay in Camp (Dome tent).
Day 3: Double Decker Root Bridge Trek
Post breakfast, move for trek to Double Decker Root Bridge which is located at Nongriate village. We will carry lunch. The trek is around 4 to 5 hours normally.
Highlights of the trek:
The Double Decker bridges are one of the most unique bridges in the World. They are grown by the ancient tribes of the Khasi Hills
Pools with Pristine water
Cross hanging Bridge
After completion of the trek, avail local sightseeing in Cherrapunji. Among are: Nohkalikai Falls, Mawsmai Cave, Seven sisters falls etc.
Camp overnight in Cherrapunji.
Day 4: Cherrapunji to Guwahati
Post breakfast, back to Guwahati and drop at Airport or Hotel.
Tour ends here.
Cost: On Request. Kindly mail us with number of person and any other requirements if needed.
- All meals during the tour i.e. Breakfast, lunch, dinner evening tea.
- Accommodation as per itinerary (Tent accommodation + Standard Hotel/Dormitory).
- All Transfers, long drive during tour.
- Support of trek guide, porter, helper.
- Trekking equipment mainly sleeping mat, sleeping bag.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, mineral water bottle, telephone, table drinks, beverages etc.
- Any entrance fees in places of sightseeing.
- Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.
- Camera Fee if arrive.
- Liability for or insurance against injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
- Govt. Service Tax extra as per applicable.
- All the itineraries will be made with utmost effort. The itineraries are subject to change without prior notice if some unavoidable circumstances arrive.
- We are not responsible for any law and order, strikes, natural calamity etc.