Wettest Land on Earth, Meghalaya
Assam – Meghalaya Road Trip
Attractions: Living Root Bridge Trek in Cherrapunji
Village walk at Cleanest Village in Asia, Mawlynnong
Dowky border point of India and Bangladesh
Caves, Falls, Hills, Lakes in Cherrapunji and Shillong
Rhino Trail in Kaziranga National Park
Best time to visit: Nov 1 st to April 30th of each year
Routes: Guwahati / Shillong / Cherrapunji/ Mawllynnong/ Dowky/ Shillong/ Kaziranga National Park/ Jorhat Airport Drop
Duration: 8 Nights/ 9 Days
Trip Overview: The hilly Meghalaya (the abode of Clouds) is a cool, pine-fresh contrast to the sweaty Assam plains. Collections of many numbers of waterfalls, Caves, Living Root Bridges, Lakes etc – Cherrapunji and Mawllynnong are among the Wettest land on Earth. During British rule, Meghalaya was dubbed the “Scotland of the East” and made Shillong the capital of colonial Assam. After that avail Rhino Trail in famous Kaziranga National Park in the plains of Assam.
Day 1: Arrival at Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati and move to Shillong
Post arrival in Guwahati International Airport, move to Shillong, this takes 3 Hours drive. On the way, visit the Umium Lake. Afternoon, check in Hotel. Remaining time is free for you.
Day 2: Shillong to Cherrapunji (2 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, move to Cherrapunji in East Khasi Hills. On the way, visit Elephant falls. In Cherrapunji, we will visit: Nohkalikai Falls, Mawsmai falls, Mawsmai cave, Thengaraka Park, View of Bangladesh Plains etc. Late afternoon, check in hotel and overnight stay.
Day 3: In Cherrapunji (Double Decker Living Root Bridge Trek)
Post breakfast, get ready to stretch your leg. Go for trek to Double Decker Living Root Bridge situated in Nongriate village. During this walk, we will pass some small beautiful villages and encounter several hanging bridges and total distance we will cover around 7 kms. Maximum path is cemented with around 3000 steps. This trek will take around 5 to 6 hours comfortably. After that, back to Hotel. Afternoon time is free for you.
Day 4: Cherrapunji to Dawki and Mawlynnong (2 Hours drive)
With packed breakfast, start early from Cherrapunji to Dawki. Due to its low altitude than Cherrapunji, the topography in this part is different from Cherrapunji. Dawki is situated on the border of India and Bangladesh and main attractions is the border point, Shnongpdengg river crystal blue water, boat ride at the river etc. After that, back to Mawlynnong Village. Mawllynnong is known for its cleanliness and in 2010, it was declared as the cleanest village in Asia. Have a walk around the village and Single Decker Root bridge. Late afternoon, back to Shillong (1 ½ Hours) and overnight stay.
Day 5: In Shillong
Whole day in Shillong. Moning visit the Shillong peak from where you will have the Birds eye view of Shillong City. Next visit: Cathedral Catholic Church, Wards Lake, Museum, Police bazaar etc.
Day 6: Shillong to Kaziranga National Park in Assam (7 Hours drive)
Post breakfast, move to Kaziranga National Park in the Central part of Assam. Afternoon reach Kaziranga and remaining time is free for you.
Day 7: In Kaziranga National Park (1 Elephant ride and 2 rounds of Jeep safari)
Early morning explore Kaziranga National Park on Elephant Back. Post Breakfast avail one round Jeep safari in Western range and post lunch avail one more round of Jeep safari in Eastern range.
Day 8: In Kaziranga National Park
Early morning with packed breakfast, move to Burhapahar Range for Jungle walk. Main attractions: Western Hoolock Giboon and Birdlife. After that back to hotel and post lunch, avail one more round of Jeep safari at Central range of Kaziranga National Park.
Evening back to hotel and overnight stay.
Day 9: Kaziranga National Park to Jorhat Airport Drop (3 Hours drive max)
Post breakfast, move to Jorhat Airport for dropping for onward journey.
Tour ends here.
Cost: On Request. Kindly mail us for any clarifications, other requirements and for any customization.
What can be Included:
1. Private transportation by Toyota Innova (upto 5 Heads) /Mahindra Scorpio (upto 3 heads)
2. Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per itinerary.
4. Sightseeing and entrance fee as mentioned in the itinerary.
5. 1 elephant safari, 3 rounds of Jeep safari and Jungle Trail in Kaziranga with all entry fee.
What is NOT Included:
1. Guides during the Tour which will be available on an extra cost.
2. Camera Fee
3. Any other extra meals.
4. Cost for Travel Insurance, airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.
5. Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip, phone calls etc.
6. Liability for or insurance against personal injury, loss of life, accidents or loss of goods.
7. Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.
8. Govt Service Tax extra as per applicable.
1. If you would like to avail another car, please add Rs. 40,000 to your trip cost for the group.
2. The above itinerary is not fixed and can be changed as per your convenience. Please do let us know via mail if you need any changes.
3. Regarding Accommodation, it would be as per availability and best rooms will be given priority in every place. Please note also that, here in North East India, only in few places the luxury accommodations are available. But, we always keep in mind about the hygiene and cleanliness.
4. Every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes, bad weather, landslide etc., which are beyond our control, all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes without prior notice and any additional cost, will be borne by the guests directly.